Maintenance Release: Dec 12th, 2017
- Backups: E-mails from hourly scheduled backups were not set sent.
- Restore External Backups: Fixed a bug where the command was wrongly quoted.
- MySQL Replication: Improved logging during the apply relay log phase and improved logic.
- MySQL Replication: A network outage on the master, could lead to the master wrongly join back again when the network became operational again.
- Postgres: API changes to support version 10.x.
- Postgres: Fixed a deployment problem of version 10.x on CentOS/RedHat.
pg_basebackupfix for version 10.x.
- NDB/MySQL Cluster: Respect job
datadirparameters when deploying the NDB cluster (for
- MongoDb: Ops Monitor, Running Operations showed a blank page due to a bug in a JS script.
- Developer Studio: Better error messages for the
Maintenance Release: Dec 11th, 2017
- Fix license check does not work correctly with WebSSH.
- Fix Can’t rebuild PostgreSQL slave – no masters to pick from.
- Clarify how external backup works and remove unsupported options.
- Add ‘;’ as an acceptable character for the root password when importing existing cluster.
- Fix issues with an empty Performance > DB Variables page for certain setups.
Maintenance Release: Dec 4th, 2017
- Monitoring: Revert to show more samples in Overview Graph
- Make cmon stop faster when it couldn’t connect to CmonDb
- Error reporting: minor enhancements
- NDB: Fix some issues around executable name handling
- A bug fix fixing empty log file name handling (avoids annoying messages in the cmon log)
- Able to handle special chars in database names (mysql dir name decoding)
- Backup/mysqldump: skip dynamic tables from mysql DB:
- Fix to always send out operational reports by email.
Maintenance Release: Nov 17th, 2017
- A fix to upgrade openssl if deemed necessary.
Initial Release: Nov 13th, 2017
In this release, we have started to add integrations with cloud services and initially plan to add support for the major public cloud providers – Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Azure.
We are reintroducing backup to the cloud where you can now manually upload or schedule backups to be stored on AWS S3 and Google Cloud Storage. You can then download and restore backups from the cloud in case of local backup storage disasters or if you need to reduce local disk space usage for your backups.
For MySQL-based clusters we have added support for MariaDB 10.2 and you can now choose to initially stage a slave from an existing backup instead of staging from a master. Individual databases (mysqldump only) can be backed up with separate dumps/files, and you can trigger verification/restoring of a backup to happen after N hours after a scheduled backup has completed.
PostgreSQL has an additional backup method
pg_basebackup that can be used for online binary backups. Backups taken with
pg_basebackup can be used later for point-in-time recovery and as the starting point for a log shipping or streaming replication standby servers. We have also added support for synchronous replication failover and deploying HAProxy with Keepalived (for load balancing HA) to be used with PostgreSQL clusters.
Load balancers (HAProxy) can be deployed by explicitly selecting the public/management IP for connecting and provisioning the software. Especially useful for cloud environments if you are provisioning/managing over a public network.
We also have some additional improvements for ProxySQL. You can add or modify schedulers and also mass import existing database users into your ProxySQL instances to quickly set up access.
- Cloud Services (AWS S3 and Google Cloud Storage):
- Manual upload or schedule backups to be uploaded after completion to the cloud.
- Download and restore backups from cloud storage.
- Backup (MySQL):
- Backup individual databases separately (mysqldump only).
- Upload, download, and restore backups stored in the cloud.
- Trigger a verification and restore of a backup after N hours of completion.
- Rebuild a replication slave by staging it from an existing backup.
- Add a new replication slave by staging it from an existing backup.
- New backup method
pg_basebackupwhich makes a binary copy of the database files.
- Synchronous replication failover (support for
- Support for HAProxy with Keepalived.
- Support for PostgreSql 10.
- New backup method
- Mass import existing database users into ProxySQL.
- Add and modify scheduler scripts.
- MariaDB v10.2 support (Galera and MySQL Replication).
- MySQL Cluster(NDB) v7.5 support.
- Added support to show and filter DB status variables for MongoDB nodes.
- HTML formatted alarm and digest emails.
- Multiple NICs support when deploying Load balancers (HAProxy).
- Continuous improvements to UX/UI and performance.
- New cmon-cloud process and clud client to handle cloud services.
- New Report: Database Growth