Patch Release: Oct 30th, 2017
- MySQL based cluster: if the ‘mysql’ database was explicitly backed up, then it was restored in the wrong way causing permission denied and the restore to fail.
- Galera: codership repository fixes.
- Debian Jessie (Debian 9) support.
Patch Release: Oct 25th, 2017
- Only collect the relevant log files from each host.
- Accounts daemon fix, to prevent doing any operations on accounts-daemon if running the environment as root or if it is not started.
- Group-replication bugfixes.
- Galera: Add replication slave: Properly detect if a replication slave is actually connected to the master.
- Error-reporter: include node type(s) in the host directory names.
- CmonDB ‘alarm’ table UTF-8 changes
- HAProxy config check
- Resend alarm emails.
- Removed banner from the Add Existing Slave, making it hard to understand what would happen.
- Set default value as 1 by default for Compression Level for mysqldump.
- Galera: Overview Page, Flow Control Paused now shows floating points value.
- Host statistics graphs, the issue with multicore CPU graphing.
- More verbosity when capturing LDAP logs.
- Configuration Management: Applied the byte conversion mechanism for the mysql change parameter dialog.
- Fixed the save settings for property ‘History’ and removed property SSH Options.
- ProxySQL: Query Rules, added IN () format to match pattern generation.
- Query Monitor: Adding query outliers explanation in the Overview page.
- Query Monitor: Renamed Query Histogram to Query Outliers to match what it actually is.
Patch Release: Oct 3rd, 2017
- Backups: Always execute commands on the controller, only use the seen address (from node’s POV) for constructing the
netcat sender command line.
s9s_error_reporter: Updates for better compatibility with all s9s cli version.
s9s_error_reporter: Prevent error reporting from being blocked by other jobs.
- Deployment failure on MariaDB 10.2 and 10.1 for Galera Custer – mariadb-compat does not exist on Debian.
- mysqldump: Handling the backup compression level (bugfix).
- Galera (all vendors):
mysql_upgrade must only run if
monitored_mysql_root_password is set. The upgrade will failed if not possible to connect.
- Galera: Fix advisor to handle
- System V Init – Prevent/disable the ‘cmon-events’ process to start (by cron or manually) when
<webroot>/clustercontrol/bootstrap.php has set
- System V Init – Prevent/disable the ‘cmon-ssh’ process to start (by cron or manually) when
<webroot>/clustercontrol/bootstrap.php has set
Patch Release: Sept 11th, 2017
- Non-default cluster-specific SSH port support for host validation when adding a new or an existing node.
- Show all valid nodes for Rebuild Replication Slave and Change Replication Master. All node with binary logging enabled is a valid option.
- Minor filtering fixes to Manage → Schemas and Users.
- Removed controller host from PostgreSQL’s query monitor.
- Minor performance optimization. Removed redundant repeated timezone call.
- Use cluster-specific SSH settings for host validation when adding a new or an existing node.
- New error report tarball naming convention – error-report-TIMESTAMP-clusterCID.tar.gz.
- Include backup records and backup schedules in the error reports.
- Minor fix to backup scheduling when using advanced cron format.
Patch Release: August 25th, 2017
- HAProxy: A problem with hidden properties made it impossible to view HAProxy details in the UI unless the stats admin user and password was not admin/admin.
- Alarms: Possibility to disable the SwapV2 alarms (set
swap_inout_period=0 in cmon_X.cnf).
Patch Release: August 24th, 2017
- Configuration Management: Correctly exclude non DB nodes from dropdowns.
Patch Release: August 22nd, 2017
- Group Replication: SUDO password not set in the job.
- MySQL (all variants): Password validation updated to support more characters.
- MySQL (all variants): Import existing MySQL cluster fails if the specified user is other than root.
- PostgreSQL: A problem restoring a backup on the specified node (by job: server_address, UI sends master/writable) is fixed.
- Error reporting: Important error reporter fix to be more tolerant of empty/invalid filenames.
- Replication: Cluster state was not set if node/cluster recovery was disabled.
Patch Release: August 14th, 2017
- Group Replication: Create Cluster job did not submit the sudo password if set.
- Galera: Restore backup host dropdown was empty unless the Galera node had log_bin enabled.
- Postgres: small UI fix to remove empty columns.
- MySQL(all variants)/PostgreSQL: use socat for streaming when it is available.
- MySQL (all variants): Super read-only causing create a database to fail during restore.
- MySQL (all variants): Backup, failed to read included config files from
my.cnf (!includedir), if the included config
dir was empty.
- Error reporter: drop -W option from
netstat (not supported by rhel/centos 6.x).
- Error reporter: Add missing dependencies for error-reporter (tar/gzip) for minimal distros (eg.: containers.
- MongoDb: Backup creation fix (for case when ssh user is not allowed to ssh to the controller itself).
- ProxySQL: Installing an improved galera checker script for new ProxySQL installations.
- ProxySQL: A fix to auto-restart a failed ProxySQL node.
- Docker: Small fix to support HAProxy with Docker.
- Docker: Do not set ulimit inside a container (as this makes some operation failing inside docker).
- Query Monitor: Doesn’t collect queries with mysql local override and PS=off.
- Replication: do not recover a user shutdown node.
Patch Release: August 1st, 2017
- Fix password reset script for php v7.
- Fix LDAP regression with Active Directory and samba account.
Patch Release: July 31st, 2017
- Fix host filtering for Query Monitor.
- Fix LDAP login regression.
- Fix to show all databases for Group Replication backups.
Patch Release: July 27th, 2017
- Fix not fatal duplicated symlink error creation at post-installation.
Patch Release: July 24th, 2017
- ProxySQL log rotate: ProxySQL logs can grow big very fast.
- PostgreSQL: Improved master failure handling to prevent an old master from being accidentally restarted.
- Galera/Replication: Adding a node did not update the load balancer HAProxy correctly. Xinetd was not started.
- Minor fixes to printouts in cmon log file.
- Add support to disable automatic node discovery at import time for the Galera cluster. Manually add IPs/hostnames.
- Add support to filter by host for PostgreSQL’s Query Monitoring.
- Fix a race condition for ProxySQL graphs that would eventually consume all memory and crash the browser.
- Fix escapes in match patterns for ProxySQL.
- Remove execution flag for systemd service files for cmon-events and cmon-ssh.
Patch Release: July 11th, 2017
- Fix master selection dropdown for add node. No longer shows non-master nodes.
- Fix transient node switching glitch in the nodes page.
- Fix regression of minimum 2 SQL nodes at deployment (MySQL/NDB). No longer required.
- Fix node selection dropdown when restoring a mysqldump. Only masters allowed.
- Add standalone option when importing a MySQL Replication cluster.
- Remove ProxySQL load balancer option with MySQL/NDB Cluster. Currently not supported.
- Fix activity viewer next/prev causing the page to scroll.
- Fix missing sudo password if it was set when verifying/checking a host with deployment/add nodes.
Patch Release: July 4th, 2017
- Fixed a cmon grant error (for root and cmon passwords like ”!password$$”).
- Skip .sst from db_growth calculation.
- Restore mysqldump bugfix (for strange passwords)
- Properly escape cmon password.
- Don’t do smartctl on /dev/mapper devices at all.
- Deployment (MySQL5.7 templates): added
- Backup: Improved password handling of backup user.
- Backup: Add compression level for backups.
- Can’t remove node when the node is unreachable.
- Fix a minor systemd override file access rights issue.
- Put the slave to failed state when replication is known to be broken.
- Fix a minor systemd
override.conf file access rights issue.
- An important bugfix for failover (the solution for the nodes stuck in ‘startup’ replication state).
- MySQL Replication:
- deeper external checks when there is a master failure. Try to connect from the slaves to the master using the mysql client to determine if the slave can see the master or get a 2003/2013 error.
- Rolling-restart could fail due to an old value of the node’s cluster size. Collect the
wsrep variables before checking the cluster size and this is now done in a time-controlled loop.
Initial Release: June 21st, 2017
- Copy, Export and Import ProxySQL configurations to/from other instances to make them in sync.
- Add Existing standalone ProxySQL instance.
- Add Existing Keepalived in active/passive setups with ProxySQL.
- Support for 3 ProxySQL instances with a Keepalived active/passive setup.
- Simplified Query Cache creation.
- Query hits column
- Verify/Restore a mysqldump on standalone host that is not part of your clusters.
- Verify/Restore an xtrabackup on standalone host that is not part of your clusters.
- Customize your backup schedule by using the cron format.
- Notifications (clustercontrol-notifications):
- Send Alarms and Events to PagerDuty, VictorOps, OpsGenie, Slack, Telegram or user registered Webhooks.
- Web SSH Console (clustercontrol-ssh):
- Open a terminal window to any cluster nodes.
- Only supported with Apache 2.4+.
- New Master-Slave(s) cluster deployment wizard (streaming replication).
- Automated failover and slave to master promotion.
- Rebuild slave.
- Fixed TLS connection issues for e-mail sending (SMTP).
- Improved configuration handling of include/includeDir directives.
- Database user management RPC API for the s9s command-line client.
- Continuous improvements to UX/UI.
- New cmon-events process to handle notifications to 3rd party services.
- New cmon-ssh process to handle Web SSH console access.
- Improved error reporting for troubleshooting/support.
- Use a custom mysql port when adding a MySQL Asynchronous slave (MySQL Galera).
Was this article helpful to you?